I was just like a little child and I was broken and cold, but never forsaken. I reached out and took the hand that was given to me so freely and I walked into treatment and into Alcoholics Anonymous. Into the warmth and into the light, I walked with a heavy heart. I was freed from the bondage of self, relieved of the obsession to drink alcohol.
Today I live in gratitude, not fear. I feel pride and not shame. I have relief instead of guilt. I have hope in my life! I have responsibility and I live up to it. Three years?? Is this me? I am a good person.
Three years ago today, I screamed at my mom to give me alcohol and she would not. My own Mother. Oh God, she gave me the greatest gift a mother can, she took that demon into herself to save me. Seems silly to tell it now, but that is exactly what she did. For it was less than two years later that the same evil power took her life. Forever. And I know, she knew.
Good for you, hun! That's impressive. You're not just a good person, you are an AWESOME person. <3
ReplyDelete