Wednesday, August 14, 2013

thirty eight

I turned 38 yesterday. WOAH

My kids are in ID visiting their grandparents. So hubby and I are spending a lot of time together talking and just enjoying. I confessed to him a few days ago that I had gone back to purging in around January--after my surgery. He was surprised. I'm REALLY glad I told him. I haven't purged now for like 4 or 5 days. I'm eating so clean. We tried a restaurant called Native Foods. It is a chain I guess but it's really good! I had a sesame Kale Macro Bowl: tad brown rice, a HUGE mound of gently warmed kale with a tad of sauerkraut on top, served with tempeh. OMG so good. We're going again tomorrow night and I can't wait.

I'm at work again. OK so heres the deal with that: I used to work at this place way back in '06. At that time, I had no work ethic and I was very deep into my disease of alcoholism.  I would call in sick at least once a week. I was hungover and fat and constantly having panic attacks. I was also using cocaine kind of a lot. UGH!!! Eventually I quit and refused to come in to help train anyone new or even tell the owner about what files I had on my desk.  I haven't worked in an office since then. Well, about a year into my sobriety, I came back and apologized. Its called "making an amends". I told him that I was so sorry I wasn't a good employee and that it wasn't anything he did.  fast forward to about June '13. He emails me that he's going out of town and needs someone to cover and be the office manager. He went on that vacation and I worked full time for 2 weeks. $15 an hour! I do payroll, filing, cust service, receive $$. The BEST thing is payroll: I REMEMBER not being capable of processing payroll. The panics it would give me! We do everything in house--no service, and there's only 11 employees but I COULD NOT do it before... writing a deposit slip? No way! my handwriting was too shaky.  I'm working full time this week again as he went out of town again. But usually, when he's here, I only work 2 days a week for 5 hours. My regular duties can be completed in that time.  So it's some good money in my pocket and I get the best of both worlds--I'm still MOSTLY home for my kids. I'm very grateful to have this job just LAND in my lap. I was starting to think about going back to work when my kiddo starts kindy and he is. it's all happening!

3 comments:

  1. How awesome that old job fell back into your lap. I think it's great that he thought of you and trusted you to come back. Making amends paid off for you and for him. And it's also great you were honest with your husband. Enjoy the time together kid free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope you can slow the purging back down a bit. Do what helps you, ok?

    YAY for the job op! So happy! :D Wow, it must have taken a lot of guts to go in and apologize and explain what was going wonky last time and why. *Hugs*

    Yup, the unicorn is a pillow pet. Milly sent me the keyring version of that one and as soon as I saw it on sale at Farmers I had to get the giant version of 'Agnes'

    Love you Jenn <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT you are not 38

    wtf you look like you're 25

    ...also happy birthday, a month late!

    Hope you can keep going with not purging. <3

    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete