Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Skin is better just like that!!!

Snap my fingers, a month has passed, my skin is 100% better. I don't have a single "active" zit on my face. No lumps lurking deep beneath the surface, no chin/neck pain or sores.  I know that is graphic, but it has been MY NEMESIS!! I never did take that RX. And I didn't TOTALLY stop throwing up. "Only" once a day at the MOST sometimes I go completely without it but not much. OK so I HAVE to be accountable right! Jeeze kicking this puking thing is HARD. I rode my bike all over town yesterday, pulling my kiddo in a trailer. I shouldn't have "needed" to puke at all yesterday but I did, once late.... bluh. OK!! So today: I'm taking him out again, I'm going to go to the gym. I'll do some weights, and swim. And the bikeride counts too!  NO PUKING today and I promise I'll check in tomorrow. 

Update on money problems: I'm starting a new job on Monday the 24th. I'm a stay home mom, and I'm going to be babysitting for a girlfriend of mine. 3 full days a week, $600 a month!!! WOW. I have a strict policy against "daycare for friends" but this position evolved and came about. In fact, she asked me months ago but I declined at that time because I knew we were going to do a bunch of stuff this Summer and I just didn't feel like I could make that commitment. Plus, I just said no automatically. But I referred her to another girlfriend, who nannied for her all summer... Then when I had time to think about it, I started realizing this is exactly the type of thing I'm looking for. I want to work and make extra money, but I'm not ready to get some big deal office job and put MY kid in full time daycare. The Nanny girlfriend will be starting back at school soon and I'm going to take it from there. The baby is 7 months. I've known him since before he was born. His mama has babysat for ME for years (just here and there babysits, not daycare)... SO ya! it's just a plus all around. I can take him along on all the things we usually do. I'll be able to afford our zoo membership and I'm going to also get one for the science museum. I'll be out n about all the time with these kiddo's :-)

Update on medical issues: I had an ultrasound a few weeks ago--right after my post about TMI. I got all mental about getting that ultrasound, but I did it and it was good- I bonded with the tech, she was a sweet lady. I had to have the internal (dildo) one. She had that bad boy up my crotch for 30 min and I was like "SO! Read any good books lately??" haha.  She said she couldn't see anything but that a radiologist would look at the report.  Well I got a call a few days later from my doctors office saying I have a cyst on my ovary and I have to call a gyno ASAP. So I was brave and called. I told the receptionist that I am particularly skittish and traumatized and I want to talk about reconstruction too. and she put me with the medical director of that womens clinic to be MY gyno. SCORE!!! So keep your fingers crossed that the cyst is nothing major. I'm so paranoid, I can't even think about it. My appt is in 2 days :-( *scaredface*

4 comments:

  1. *brave face* girl. I know you've got that there so put it on. thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it isn't any big deal. Try not to make yourself crazy worrying about it. And good job on making the effort to stop the purging. It's really for the best. Cool that the babysitting thing works out. Having that 1 baby along shouldn't change things too much for you AND you get paid!! Glad your skin cleared. I've had some skin issues in the past and it feels terrible to be self conscious about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Over-exercising is a form of purging. Any action you take to counteract consumption of calories is considered a 'purge'.

    I hope your cyst turns out to be nothing. It might have just grown because ED can fuck up your hormones and get your estrogen out of balance.

    I'm jealous your skin is totally clear. I'm still working on mine and it's kind of depressing when I actually stop to think about it. And your new job sounds like fun...I loved nannying when I did it. You'll have time to do the awesome DIY stuff AND still be bringing in extra cash. Good deal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, completely clear? Congratulations! Mine's a mess atm >.< I have no real skincare routine. Do you have good habits to share? 0.0

    Stopping puking is fucking hard, but so worth it. Just don't slip into the over-exercising to compensate, ok? That is just as horrific on your body as puking but in different ways.

    Congratulations on the new job! You're very brave to take on childminding. I hope they behave and don't run you ragged :)

    So much happy for talking about the reconstruction and being brave enough to let you know that you're apt to freak out a bit. "No sudden moves, ok?" *Hugs* Oh man, 30mins? D: HOW did you make it through without cracking at least one really horrible joke? "Was that as good for you as it was for me? No? Damn I hoped at least one of us would enjoy that!" "Wow, even your Mum didn't take this long!" or something similarly bad-taste and stupid. I hope that the cyst is something benign. Crossing my fingers and sending you much love and many e-hugs from Down Under.

    Take care and stay warm up there in Autumn-Land <3

    *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete