Friday, September 9, 2011

Vomit Nail Polish

TODAY is gonna be beach day. I went to the gym wed and did BodyPump and I swear I haven't been this sore in I don't know how long. But guess what! I'm skinnier than the teacher. This particular teacher isn't one of those sinewey nasty thin types. But she had the PERFECT bod when I first started taking the class back in like, march... She's beautiful, tan, good muscles but not too big.... But it's been months since I took her class and I've gotten much slimmer and tan! She had kind of a muffin top. The only thing she's still totally got on me is the thighs. Squats and lunges are still my worst torture and one bun is like, TORE or something it hurts so bad. But her thighs are tight as fuck, and that's what I want. Yesterday I just rode the bike and then did abs and then swam.

after the gym yesterday we started driving to the beach, but then I realized my parking pass is in my other car. It costs $7 to park one day!!!! I paid $21 for a year pass and I'm NOOOOOT going to pay SEVEN effin dollars. So we were in the hills on our way there and I changed the plan to: Berry patch!!! we (my little man and I) picked a couple pounds of raspberries. We also saw some other veggies growing including some artichokes which I think are So pretty! .... and we had a picnic. I was so good food wise all day till after noon (more on that later). I had oatmeal for breakfast (plain oatmeal with a DAB of brummel & brown, and orange marmalade--200 cals) and this was my lunch: super good deli turkey ($10/lb) on cucumber slices---150 cal

I picked up my older son from school and we headed straight to the zoo. We have a membership this year and they have some new baby Caracal's. The gates close at 4 so we had to make sure to get there before that. The baby Caracal's weren't out, but here's their daddy: My older son always wants to feed the lorrakeets and usually that is so crowded. But it turns out, the BEST time to go to the zoo is the afternoon on a school day. I only saw like 10 other people in the whole zoo.
We went out to dinner because it's so hot and I don't want to heat up the house. The place is called Sheri's. It's like Marie Callendars--Pies, and good old American fare. I was going to have a big salad. But ok, so we had to wait around 30 min for a table!!! that's unheard of at this place I don't know what the problem was. If I knew it was going to be that long, we would have left. then every step of the way after that was a horrible wait too.... We didn't have food for an HOUR from the time we got there. I was so frustrated and the KIDS!!! they were being troopers, but they were going apeshit! my older son and I had both cried by the time we were eating haha. I ended up whimping out and getting fish and chips. They got mini burgers. The food was SUPER good but it still wasn't worth the wait and torture. I was still pissed. then it took forever to get the bill, then when I went to pay (it was a joke at this point) the cashier/manager had dissapeared so I was standing there PISSED. When one of the waiters came to help me instead I told him I was really frustrated with all the waiting and I was about to cry. He went and go the manager and our meal was FREE.

2 comments:

  1. Free meal! Nice. Oh, and good deli meat is so expensive (at least I think so) but so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got a free meal. That's BS. If the restaurant is having some kind of issue, they should let people know. Especially if you're dining out with kids!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete