Wednesday, September 7, 2011

hella cute outfit


ya, I went and did a TINY bit of retail therapy on Friday. I was super bummed about my mom and I only spent like $30. OK OK more like $100 but some of it was product I NEED from Sephora. Even my husband uses it--some face shit that is a miracle for zits, scars, and wrinkles. It's Glycolic Acid 10% toner right, and I let my supply run out and I didnt' rush out and get more for a week or so and dude, I was SO broken out. Not the worst, deep, acne ever. But the whole surface of my skin was just gross and clogged and sad. Anyway, that part of my spending doesn't REALLY count as retail therapy because we both use it and we need it. But I do enjoy going to Sephora :-) Then I went all around the mall and bought 5 pairs of lacy thong panties from Gap--they were having a FOUR dollar sale!!! AH mazing. And I got those cute as shit shorts from Forever 21. I already had the top and shoes from the thrift store ;-P

OH THEN I won an auction for a 3.5 oz bottle of my favorite perfume by Badgley Mischka for $21 on ebay. They don't even make it anymore and I'm so thrilled I GOT it in the mail already. A 1.7 oz bottle was $60 when they DID used to sell it so I got a rad deal. :-)

At the end of the mall time, I went to sonic and got a BURGER AND A CHICAGO DOG which I brought home to B/P........

Went to the airport to get my husband who was on a biz trip all last week. Kids were having a spend the night out.

Sat we did a couple errands then went to the State Fair. Salem (we live in oregon) is about 40 min away with no traffic. But MAN there was traffic!!! there was this super good show on NPR--people telling crazy personal stories about survival. Like a kidnap victim, and a guy who got picked up hitchhiking by an escaped lunatic.... It was fun to listen to while we got roasted alive in my car with no AC sitting in traffic for over an hour. I guess both the colleges south of us were having some big deal games, and the fair was going on.... Anyway we go to the fair every year and I love it. I have a specific order I like to walk through it. We headed straight for the back of the fairgrounds to work our way forward. We went through all the livestock stuff. Those FFA kids are camping out, playing cards, having the time of their lives! I think pigs are filthy and gross, but I like llamas, and cows and the kids love everything especially the goats and horses. I love horses too duh... kay then we were having a little lunch. The family got pizza, I got a burger at a Hawaiian booth. It was GOOD and I thought it was OK if I just ate it and enjoyed it like a normal person. The ketchup dispenser was stuck and I was leaning into it with all my strengh when a clog broke through and I got COVERED in ketchup!!! SO PISSED. because THEN I had to go out of my routine to go to the vendor area next to get a new shirt. I HAVE A SPECIFIC ORDER I LIKE TO GO THROUGH THE FAIR!!! DAMMIT. well I had a good excuse to take extra long in the bathroom and purge that burger to feel better/smug/free..... But I got in the bathroom and there was a line, 2 stalls, and it was COMPLETELY SILENT in there. Not to mention hot and smelly.... I couldn't purge. I tried a few more bathrooms along the search for a top, but I didn't have any luck. So I was hot, smelled like ketchup (which was soaked through to my bra), and full.... AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH what a fiasco. I had fun though, I really did. I made the best of all of it. I love going through the big grandstand halls with all the quilts, and old ladies doing needlework, and men doing woodworking... plus, we got in free cuz some nice people gave us tickets when we were waiting in line a the ticket booth, so that was bonus.

Sunday, we tried to go to my favorite nude beach on the river..... But it was TOO CROWDED, there was no parking. Everyone was double parked and there was a parade of cars (us included) having to turn around and leave.... so that was a bummer too. We had my car (did I mention it doesn't have AC?) all weeked cuz hubby's was in the shop. It was ready to pick up friday but we didn't get over there and they were closed all long weekend. I was pissed but I'm over it.

Monday, we went to the big bonanza corn roast we go to every year for Labor day. Its a AA party, sounds nerdy but it's not I love it.

Husband is out of town again, school started yesterday so me and the little man are headed out to the gym. I love my routine and I love that it is SOOOO HOT this whole week. Maybe I'll take him to the beach just him and I. It won't be crowded today and tomorrow.... I'm gonna do it.

xo

9 comments:

  1. That outfit is super cute! You look great!

    Sounds like you had a great, albeit busy, weekend. : ) Have fun at the beach. I'm jealous...it's frickin' cold here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hella cute outfit, hella cute lady! OK SERIOUSLY what's the name of your Sephora glycolic acid product? I think I want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute!! I LOVE the county fair too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the outfit! I wish it was warm enough to wear something like that here.

    You had such a busy weekend! It makes me feel tired just reading it. :P x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same shorts in brown! OMG, aren't they the best?! They are amazing with everything - and you look great in them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute shorts...I'm allergic to carrots. :x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous outfit! Gah, what a horrible way to spend the fair. I hope the next one goes better!

    *Note to self: Don't trust the dispenser*

    LLAMAZ!!! PONIEZ! Do we get pics? Do they, perchance, have exciting, pretty yarns at any of these fairs? 0.0 I'm putting together an imaginary itinerary of places to go if I feel brave enough to navigate USA airport security :p

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look amazing :) luvluv the outfit!!! you're a wonderful mom and it shows...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow you look so amazing!! what a perfect outfit too

    ReplyDelete