Sunday, March 20, 2011

I'm Officially Hardcore

I start a juice fast/cleanse tomorrow. I have everything prepped. It's the Blue Print 3-Day Cleanse. I got the book, bought all the fresh fruits and veggies. Washed and prepped tomorrows stuff:


here's what I'll drink tomorrow:
1. Greens with apple
~spinach
~kale
~2 apples
~1/2 cucumber
~parsley
~1 lemon
*trim/clean all that, put it through the juicer....
2. grapefruit-strawberry-mint
*trim/clean and juice
3. spinach-blueberry-apple-lemon
*trim/clean and juice
4. strawberry-apple-beet-ginger
*trim/clean and juice
5. greens with apple (same as #1)
6. Raw Chocolate Milk
*WHAT A TREAT!!!

I got everything ready, but I MADE the chocolate milk tonight cuz it keeps for a few days. it is SO tasty I can't wait till tomorrow night when I get to drink a whole glass! like 12 ounces!! it's raw cashews, 100% cacao, agave nectar, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and I added a dash of cinnamon.

At first today, I thought I better only attempt 1 day since it's my first try. But I'm not scared. I already eat so well and I have kind of been in prep for this for a while. Plus it is SUCH a pain in the ass to get all this crap ready and everything, its not worth it for just one day. I want to go for the whole 3.

I'm working on a post thats kind of response to Mich's "drug" talk one. I got inspired to talk about that too--from my own experience. stay tuned for that.

Besides this juice cleanse, I am back to 100% vegetarian. I did eat chicken about 3 times in the last 2 weeks. Thought it would help with getting sick all the time. it didn't. I'll bet millions this cleanse will though. But I just still kept thinking about poor chickens on a conveyor belt and how i just feel like it's wrong. So, for me, that's the deal now. I still bought (happy) chicken for my family. Thankfully, my husband IS open to trying new or different things. I made hamburger helper tonight for them with Quorn Meatless Crumbles. and it was good! I know a lot of husbands would be pissed, but he said it was good even. gotta love him!

oh ya, UM YES I will still be drinking coffee. 1 Cup in the morning that's it. BLACK

updated later- here's a picture of all my juices ready to go in the morning:

2 comments:

  1. yay! juice!

    liquid fasting is a nice break from the day-in-day-out of nomming.

    Quorn is delicious. Your husband prolly couldn't tell the difference taste/texture-wise. yum.

    also, in case I neglected to mention it, I blog like a fiend and none of my updates will appear in your blog roll. umm..so yes. did I already mention that? I don't remember.

    I did say hello at least once before, right? ok. I hope so. if not, umm..hello. again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, Idk why blogger is such a douchehat with their privacy settings. they make no sense to me (I came over here after 9yrs on Livejournal) and probably never will.

    all those guys are south korean r&b/hip-hop musicians...they all have six pack abs, and they all make my ass shake. lol the one at the bottom is an actor/model as well, goes by the stage name Rain in english, or Bi in korean. I saw him on a korean tv show like 5yrs ago and got hooked on his music after that. ;p

    ReplyDelete