OKEE DOKKE SO here's the big California Trip post. I promise I MOSTLY read all y'all's blogs when I was gone. I just couldn't really post. I weighed 124 or 123 when we went down and I'M STILL at 124?! sweet huh. I got to work out some just a couple of times at the beginning of the trip. We stayed at a fancy hotel at first that had a NICE workout room. Nicest I've seen in a hotel. When we were driving I was really thinking hard about how I would "deal" with the whole "food thing" while we were down. Like, shouldn't it be okay for me to JUST EAT whatever, and not purge?? Ya, it should. but..... Then I thought, OH HOW am I gonna not binge on naughties at night like I'm so used to?? But then I just thought, I can do that when I get home no big deal. and it wasn't a big deal. Then one of the first nights we went to the grocery store to get breakfast stuff and sandwich stuff just in case we could have an opportunity to save a few bux. I wasn't going to spend $20 PER PERSON for breakfast at the fancy towne hotel and then my kids not eat it anyway fuck that. Anyway, I got breakfast, but also suzie q's and twinkies, and some others. and i didn't even binge on those till days later, at the next hotel. Until the wedding, I was pretty good. AT the wedding, I DIDN'T purge, and I ate everything like a normal person. it was GOOD. Filet Mignon, sea bass, YUMMY mashed potatoes, veggies. and the salad bowl was made of cucumber slices in a circle shape it was so nice. OH I did waste one really expensive meal. We were at the California Academy of Sciences. It cost us $80 to get in there, then at the CAFE--not the fancy restaurant, but the like, cafeteria part, it was $50 for LUNCH. Husband had chicken tenders and fries ($12) kids had mac n cheese and fries (shared it)($11), I had salad rolls like the ones I've been making, ($12) then all the drinks.... I wasn't planning on purging that. I was like FUCK THAT if I'm gonna spend that much and then puke it?? no way. but then I was so full and hated myself for getting full like that. you know that feeling :-( The night before, we went out for pizza in North Beach in SF by Chinatown, and I only had ONE slice of a family style sit down pizza. I got dibbs on the leftovers. Planned a late night binge/purge, and then didn't do it. I was good that time. I should have been checking in here to report about all those individual triumphs and failures. its interesting to look back on....
well here's some pictures:



Here's a couple of pictures for my friend Mich--Harlequin Shrimp!


And here's the Bulimic Iguana. Check out those cheeks, who does he think he's fooling?

On the drive home we went to this "mystery spot" type attraction where the gravity is supposed to be weird. I think they just build the structure so it's an optical illusion. I got SO NAUSEOUS in this place.

And these are of the bedroom we stayed in in San Fran. My girlfriend lives there and we stayed there the night before we headed to the fancy hotel. She's SO effing cool! SHE's down to earth and funny as hell. She taught me how to cook years ago and she's just the best. She lives in this tall house with high ceilings. From front to back it's about a mile long, there's all these LONG hallways with rooms and lofts. SO charming and cool. Its in the "mission district" which I guess is kinda ghetto. BUT then she works downtown in the financial district. She wears skirt suits and high heels to work like a WOMAN. I love it. When I first met up with her to get her house key in front of her work, we were chatting for 30 seconds when a strung out looking freak came up and tried to talk to us about BART (the subway in sf) She told him "we're having a private conversation", he was all "FUCK YOU YOU LITTLE FUCKING BITCH GO FUCK YOURSELF" etc etc, it was SO funny I'm not kidding. Because we just laughed and told him to fuck off!. anyway, this is her room...

I could've sworn I was folllowing this blog already? so sorry Jenn...naughty lou!
ReplyDeleteI love the picture posts, your hubby is so cue, you guys look so good together, the dress is nice and I'm glad you enjoyed the vaca and eating guilt free. I love days like that when we allow ourselves that and say to heck with the ED..your body is looking real good, the workouts are doing u good. Lol the iguana pic, yea deff Mia, purging lettuce I'm sure.
I'm doing much better, still have chest pains but I'm more scared of Drs than anything. I'm glad you were b/p free and I hope that continues!
yay no purging!!
Love love love you..stay strong you gorgeous woman :)
*Head explodes* :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
ReplyDeleteYou have no freskin' idea how epic this post is!
Sorry, pills are in system, langague function shutting down somewhat.
Dear gods I love that house! :D It sounds like you had an epic trip. Damn, you sure you wanna put one of my scruffy earflap hats on that gorgeous head of yours? 0.0
Love you! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Awesome! A vacation and no weight gain. That is so cool. Nice pics. You two look good. Your friend must be RICH 'cause it is super expensive to life in SF. Even the ghetto parts.
ReplyDeleteIt makes me smile to see how much fun you had, even though you were so worried before you left.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for your messages; I feel like I've been neglecting everyone. I'm tempted to give you my cell # so you can hit me up even when I'm avoiding shit. lol
Anyway..it's always nice to see a post full of shit going RIGHT. ;)
That is gorgeous hotel room!! And yay harlequin fishies!!! :D
ReplyDeleteYou look fabulous in your photos. <3
That tilted house would probably have made me black out. I can barely handle walking as it is....