OKAY, I'm sorry in advance this post is probably offensive. my gym is right next to one of those schools that teaches people to be Medical Assistants. at least 80% of the people who go there are fat. I don't know why that annoys me, but it does. It totally does. On top of that, there's always a big group out there SMOKING in their wannabe nurse uniforms. wtf. Ya, let's put the most unhealthy people in the front lines of the healthcare industry. And you know that stupid "school" isn't telling them to loose weight or be healthy because they're getting paid so who cares. ugh
I'm thinking of making this blog private like you have to be invited to read it. Just cuz I'm paranoid of someone i know reading it. I DO leave out names, but I have been putting pictures. Plus, this is linked to my gmail, so someone might come across it. AND I have friends in REAL life who have blogger, and if I ever comment on their blog, it will put THIS profile and they might read this blog. no good. I don't want to feel repressed in my writing here. would you all be down with that? I don't want to loose readers either.....
Definitely let me know if you go private. Email me!! bellatrixburrows [at] hotmail.com
ReplyDeleteI used to see loads of nurses and doctors smoking outside the hospital that was down the road when I lived in Philadelphia. I always wondered about that....
xoxo
I'd still follow if you went private. One thing about that is that posts don't come up in dashboard anymore (so I've heard). People have to remember to pop in. But, here is an alternate suggestion for you. Set up a separate g mail address and blog under that one. That's what I did. It is totally unconnected to my normal gmail account. Also, if you do that use the settings so that it's non searchable on the web. It lessens the chance of anyone stumbling across this.
ReplyDeleteI am not offended, but let me offer a different perspective. Medical assistants are basically glorified receptionists. They are clerical staff that are licensed to do a few simple TASKS under direct physician orders, like take vital signs and inject medications. They are not nurses, and they are definitely not the front line of the healthcare industry.
ReplyDeleteThat being said, as a healthcare professional I DO believe we should know better and take care of our bodies. I also think it's unfair to have a sense of superiority because you are thin, especially if you are also unhealthy. Weight is not an issue of moral virtue. Is a purge session superior to a cigarette? Is anorexia better than compulsive overeating? Eating disorders maim and kill, just as being [non-ED] overweight or a smoker does. And you CANNOT assume a person is healthy because they are thin.
I respect any decisions you make to keep your account private, and I'd like to keep following you if you do go private.
I agree with that. I actually read a report that nurses were in the top 5 heaviest careers in the United States. I really don't understand that since they, like you said, are on the front lines of keeping people healthy. They see every day the deterioration of health and know how the body is supposed to work. You would think they would be one of the healthiest occupations, not the worst.
ReplyDeleteI'm following you now so if you go private hopefully I will still be able to see you?
Let me know if you go private!!
ReplyDeleteI'm not offended by your comment at all. That is ridiculous! Unfortunately, you don't have to be healthy to be a part of the health industry :P
Ugh I saw that issue of W and I really didn't like what they did to her!! Like you said, trying to make her look unattractive. >:( I remember that magazine being awesome like 10 years ago, but now every time I check it out, it sucks.
ReplyDeleteIdk what it is about Tilda that attracts me to her, because she's not attractive at all in any conventional sense. And while I've always had kind of a fascination for androgyny, she's really the only person who made me stop and drool a little...
xoxo