Saturday, January 29, 2011

Yummy Indian Food

Sorry for the name change you guys, if it throws ya off. I always get confused when someone changes the name of their blog, but I can figure it out pretty quick once I open it. Anyway, I thought "recovery" might throw people that it's about recovering from an ED. I'm in recovery for alcoholism--will be forever, and that's even kind of contradictory to me being active in ED.... it's bad, I hope if I go apeshit in ED and ever need to get help, I don't have to change my sobriety date for AA. That's REALLY up to me though I don't HAVE to ever do anything. Just hope it never comes to any of that..

Tonight we went to my favorite Indian restaurant. I haven't been to Indian food since I stopped eating meat, But I knew I didn't want the standard veggie stuff I've tried before like veg samosas, or dosas. I LOVE curries and dipping my nan in the extra gravy! YUM. I ended up getting Malai Kofta. It's little sausages made with veggies and cheese. the texture and flavor was insane tasty. and the curry its in!!?? AAAAAH it was to die for! We got extra special nan--Kabuli Nan. It's stuffed with dried fruit and nuts. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I didn't keep it. :-( I had to "go pee" after I ate and got rid of it. No one was in the bathroom. It is SUCH a waste. But I was down to 138 this morning and I'm working so hard. I just can't ruin it with ONE big buttery/fatty/delicious meal. Anyway, I ENJOYED eating it right? So it's not like "why eat it if you're just gonna puke it"....

3 comments:

  1. Exactly. Though I'm not a fan (personally) of oral purging, I don't think it's pointless if you enjoyed the experience. That's all that matters! Curry IS packed with SO MUCH FAT. It's crazy. I saw a youtube video of someone making it and it had sooooooo much fullfat cream, it was horrifying!

    xo
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Books on the subject?! No, I didn't know- could you recommend some to me? You're the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm I love curry!! Especially love dipping chips in curry, but obvs I don't so that anymore. I've actually gone off chips, which is INSANE. :/

    Haha I can't believe you have that book!!! I had never heard of it until one of my hippie roommates was like OMG YOU NEED TO READ THIS. I have enough problems with alien-conspiracy-theories as it is, so I dunno what he was thinking...

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete