Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Salad Rolls Lotsa Pics

As Per Request, here's a whole post just for the salad rolls I recently started making.

To Start, I get everything ready. This time I used:RiceWrappers
Rice Vermicelli
Yellow Bell Peppers
Carrots
Cucumber
Avocado
Strawberries
Watercress
Peaches from a jar
Imitation Crab






Begin by
Dipping the rice wrapper in warm water for 10 seconds
then place it on a plate













Add the filings
line up the pretty things on the bottom
so they'll show.














Fold it up like a burrito
start with the sides
















Voila!!!















And THIS pretty one
I made with strawberries and avocado, and the peaches.
with some of the other stuff, but no "crab"
It was so tasty with just soy sauce
we use a Thai peanut sauce for dipping
sometimes. and also, we get a yummy
ginger dressing that's good too

One of these bad boys is right around 150 cal a piece. The wraps are 35 each, the rice vermicelli is 140 for a half cup and I use less than 1/4 per so lets say 50? then I guess it depends on what all you put in it. if you stuck with cucumbers and carrots and maybe shrimp, you'd be under 100. but if you get fruity or use avocado's you'll be over. a way to save is to not use the noodles at all--they're still perfectly delicious. just use green leaf lettuce as the bulk of the stuffing ya know? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

3 comments:

  1. OMG I CAN'T WAIT TO TRY THESE!! Yeah, I think I'll skip the noodles, as I've never been much of a noodle person anyway....
    Thanks for posting!!

    Where do you get your rice paper? I can never find it in the supermarket, and I'm too lazy to drive all the way down to the Japanese supermarket. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get th wrappers at the japanese market. We have one close

    ReplyDelete