Saturday, October 8, 2011

check in

Sorry I dropped that heavy shit on you guys the other day, then didn't write again for a few.... I've been ok.

I only made it to the gym on tuesday last week. I feel like a lard ass. I stopped taking laxies and diurex last sunday and on thursday night I finally caved. I was just about to pop. I was pregnant with poo. Feeling MUCH BETTER today. still 126 ugh. but I feel better.

Planning on making it to the gym every day next week EXCEPT tuesday. I'll try to get some exercise and do sit ups or something that day still....

I'm starving right now. I haven't eaten yet today. I've been having a hard time with eating breakfast. probably cuz if I don't' go to the gym I don't HAVE to eat, so I don't.....

sorry for the lame post. I just wanted to check in.

1 comment:

  1. my lunches with the BFF were idyllic...but only from the standpoint of being conjoined in the depths of our EDs.

    yes, they were beautiful, but they were also reflective of how we'd become codependent and mutually enabling of each other's utterly fucked up eating habits.

    from a healthier perspective, I'm aware that nothing about those lunches (teas, cocktails, dinners, whathaveyou) was good except the conversation...which is partially why she is no longer my BFF. :/

    sucks, but I'd rather find a successful recovery path than be comfortable in a relationship that doesn't challenge me to do and be better.

    as far as the laxies go, if you really want to get off of them you're going to have to wait longer than 4 days for your digestive system to get back on track.

    prunes/prune juice, watermelon, grapes and large doses of vitamin C all have a natural laxative effect.

    if you keep taking laxies, eventually your colon will lose its ability to move on its own and you will be stuck *needing* to use laxies to have a regular #2, and you'll need larger doses as your colon becomes unresponsive.

    as far as I'm concerned these days, laxies are mostly silly coz they don't prevent calorie absorption anyway, so it's like a lot of damage for very little benefit. I hope you'll be able to kick the habit before it turns into a gastrointestinal nightmare.

    xo

    ReplyDelete